Expert Evidence in Planning Matters

Auckland, Orewa, Warkworth, Mangawhai, Whangarei & more

Best practice

Our aim is to deliver top quality design-led solutions. Our senior planning and graphic design team is highly skilled and focused on achieving best practice outcomes for our clients in resource management and planning processes, whatever the scale and nature of the project.

Focused planning

We believe that good planning should always primarily be focused on creating places that allow people to live the way they want to, while at the same time remembering to respect and enhance the environment, and protect valuable resources for future generations.

For confidential & independent advice with no-commitment required, call:

Expert Evidence

Submissions to notified or limited notified applications

When a proposal is likely to have adverse effects on the environment or people, the application will be notified to either those directly affected (limited notification), to to the general public (public notification).  Any person notified about a proposal may make a submission in support of, or opposing, the application.

We can assist with the lodgement of a submission, preparation of evidence, and attendance at mediation and hearings


Submissions to Notice of Requirements (designations)

A designation is a provision in a district plan for public projects, such as roading and rail, civil infrastructure, and public facilities.  The designation allows works and activities to occur over both public and privately owned land, without the need for land use consent.  A Notice of Requirement is a proposal to apply a designation, and is processed in a similar manner to a resource consent application.  If a Notice of requirement applies to part of your property, you will be directly notified and invited to prepare a submission.  We can advise on the implications of a designation, prepare a submission on your behalf, and prepare evidence to be heard at a hearing. 


Objections and appeals

Council decisions may be objected to or appealed by either applicants or submitters who consider that the decision was wrong.

Objections are made to the relevant local council about the decision (or part of the decision).  If your objection with council is unsuccessful, or if the decision was publicly notified, an appeal must be lodged to be heard and decided on by the Environment Court.  Appeals heard by the Environment Court can include:

  • Resource consents
  • Proposed district and regional plans
  • Designations
  • Private plan changes

If you are dissatisfied with a decision made by a council, we can provide advice on the feasibility of an objection or appeal, and the timeframes, costs, and process involved with lodging an appeal.